Business Language Services
Together with Le Francais en Ecosse we offer a customised training and translation service in a variety of world languages, including English. Our services are provided by a team of experienced native speakers and can be delivered in-company or from our premises in Edinburgh & Musselburgh.Services
6.Teaching Standards and Qualifications
1.TrainingWe can develop a course to suit your company’s training needs.
|Language Links Musselburgh
Suite 6 / Ground Floor
|Le Français en Ecosse
41 St Bernards Crescent
We believe it is important to keep our class sizes small. Each of the following options is suitable for groups of up to 8 delegates. Discounts are available for block bookings.
TuitionWe recommend 1 ½ hour sessions, but this is flexible
Group training (2 to 8 delegates)
Half-day – 5 hours including lunch
Full-day immersion, 8 hours including lunch
Our teachers will travel to you place of work. Travel expenses are included in our rate if your company is located within the immediate Edinburgh area.
We’ll bring our own equipment but each student may be required to buy a course book and dictionary. We will provide all additional teaching materials in varied media. Videos or magazines, tapes, CDs, CD-Roms may be available on loan.
Total immersion courses can be organised for your staff members who need an intensive crash course over a short period of time.
A needs analysis is conducted at the start of each course. For standards and qualifications, please see below.
Members of staff might be interested in learning a language out of office hours for their personal benefit [e.g. lunchtime or 5 p.m.]. We can work with your Human Resources and Training Departments to advertise these classes through your internal E-mail system.
Distance learning also available – please contact us.
2. Translation / InterpretationOur team of native speaker experts will provide you with a high standard of service, even at short notice, for translation and interpretation. We cover most European languages, as well as Chinese.
We can accompany visiting delegations from overseas, translate correspondence, documents or marketing materials – including brochures, fliers and websites.
3. Voice-OverWe can organise voice-over for radio & television, special training programmes or simple recording for automated messages on anwersing machines.
4. Language DatabaseWe can help you build a language database and create a multimedia library in your company.
5. Special EventsWe also provide coaching for particular events, including international conferences and powerpoint presentations. We can advise and help with your faxes, e-mails or telephone conversations abroad.
6. Teaching Standards & QualificationsOur European language courses follow the guidelines developed by the Council of Europe, as set out in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Students can work towards attaining Europe-wide recognised standards, and can build up a language portfolio, comprising:
- A passport – a profile of language skills, assessed according to 3 levels, A, B & C.
- A résumé of language learning and intercultural experiences
- A record of certificates and diplomas
Language Links Musselburgh